Formed in 1958 from the Gibraltar Defence Force as an infantry unit, with an integrated artillery troop. The Regiment is included in the British Army as a colonial force. In 1999, the regiment was granted the Royal title. The Regiment recruits from the United Kingdom, Republic of Ireland and the Commonwealth.
Role: Ceremonial and Internal Security
Size: One battalion
Garrison/HQ: Devil’s Tower Camp, Gibraltar
Motto(s): “Nulli expugnabilis hosti” (Latin) (English: Conquered by no Enemy)